- Who we are
Inch Motors Ltd,
31-36 Ormond Quay Upper,
Dublin 7, Republic of Ireland.
If you wish to contact our Head of Privacy & Data Protection, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What we do with your personal information
- We collect the following personal data about you:
(a) To use our service, you are required to set up an account through our website. As part of this process we collect personal data including your name, address, email address, telephone number and mobile telephone number. We may also share certain personal data, such as contact details, with dealers or Individuals interested in purchasing your vehicles for the same reason.
(b) We may collect your Manheim or NextGear account numbers where you have accounts with those companies. This, along with the other personal data we collect about you, is to provide us with an overview of which companies you may already deal with. We use this information to help us with our marketing campaigns.
(c) We also collect additional personal data which may be generated as a result of the use of your account such as invoices and other records related to payments and transactions.
- We process the personal data above on the following data protection grounds:
(a) In using our service you are entering into a contract with Inch Motors Ltd. We process your personal data to enable the performance of that contract and to enable us to provide our services to you and for you to benefit from those services.
(b) We will also use your contact details, such as telephone numbers and email addresses, to send you direct marketing communications. Where we do this, it is based on us having obtained valid opt in consent from you to do so. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you can do so using the preference centre page in your account section on the website or contact our head of privacy and data protection at the address above.
We will or may pass your personal information on to the following recipients:
(a) Staff employed by us where necessary in order for us to provide you with the products and service that you have signed up to receive.
(b) Third parties working on our behalf. We use [AGENT PLEASE INSERT] to develop and maintain our systems which process customer account data. We also use Sharpspring CRM to store our customer data.
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we process relating to you. Where you exercise these rights, we will provide information to you as to what action has been taken, if any, within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request. Where no action has been taken, we will explain our reasons why.
Taking into account the complexity and number of requests, it may take us up to 90 calendar days to respond to your request. Where we intend to extend the deadline for responding, you will be informed within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request.
4.1 Right of Access
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you.
4.2 Rights in relation to inaccurate personal information
Where personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that those inaccuracies are rectified. Taking into account the purposes for which the personal information is processed, you also have the right to have incomplete personal information about you completed.
4.3 Right to erasure
In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to request that we erase personal information relating to you that we hold. This right only applies if any one of the following circumstances applies:
- Where we no longer require the personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained or otherwise used.
- Where the processing is based on your consent, that consent has been withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for processing.
- Where you have exercised your right to object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Where you have exercised your right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Where the personal information has been unlawfully processed.
- Where we are required to erase the personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
The right does not apply where the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- For compliance with a legal obligation requiring us to process your personal information or where the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
4.4 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have contested the accuracy of the personal information. In this case the processing of the personal information will be restricted for a period which enables us to verify the accuracy of the personal information in question.
- Where the processing of the personal information is unlawful and you have objected to the information being erased and have instead requested the restriction of its use.
- Where we no longer need the personal information for the purposes set out in part 2 above but you require them for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
- Where you have objected to the processing of your personal information as set out in section 4.6.1 below. In this case, processing of your personal information will be restricted pending verification of whether our legitimate grounds for continuing to process your personal information override your grounds for objecting.
Where processing of your personal information is restricted for any of the reasons above we will not process it, with the exception of storage, unless:
- You have provided your consent,
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims,
- For the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or
- For reasons of important public interest.
Where we have agreed to restrict the processing of your personal information, we will write to you to inform you that we will be lifting that restriction prior to doing so.
4.5 Right to data portability
This right only applies in the following circumstances:
- Where the personal information in question consists of information you have provided to us;
- Where the grounds for processing the personal information stated in section 2 above are consent, explicit consent or for the performance of a contract or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; and
- The processing of the personal information is carried via automated means.
Where this right applies, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to transmit that information to another data controller or, where possible, directly from us to another controller.
4.6 Right to object to processing
You have the following rights in relation to objecting to the processing of your personal information by us:
- You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing, and
- The right to object specifically to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
4.6.1 Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation. This only applies where the grounds for processing are:
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party, or
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
4.6.2 Right to object to processing for the purposes of direct marketing
You have the right to object specifically to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing. If you object to the processing of your personal information in this way, then we will no longer process it for that purpose.
4.7 Rights in relation to automated decision making & profiling
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which would legally affect you or significantly affect you. However, this right will not apply if the decision:
- Is necessary for the entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and MPG Motors Ltd;
- Is authorised by or under any law to which we are subject, or
- Is based on your explicit consent.
4.8 Cross–border Processing and Transferring Personal Data Abroad
You are agreeing to the transfer of personal data outside the European Union and have consented to this as the Data Subject as it is necessary for the conclusion of a contract between the data controller and a third party, that is entered into at the request of the data subject and is in the interests of the data subject, or for the performance of such a contract; As the legislation on the transfer of data abroad is complex, where doubt arises it is your responsibility to contact the Data Protection Officer in order to seek guidance.
4.8 Contact Information
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. You can also write to
Inch Motors Ltd,
Ormond Building, 31-36 Ormond Quay Upper,
Dublin 7, Republic of Ireland.
4.9 Right to complain to the Data Protection Commission
Where you believe that we have failed to properly comply with our obligations in respect of your personal information, including your rights as set out in section 4.1 – 4.8 above, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
The Data Protection Commission can be contacted via their website; www.dataprotection.ie or write to their office address is Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois R32 AP23, Ireland.
- a) We place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer, tablet, mobile or handheld device, or any other access device (each an “Access Device”). The cookie itself does not contain personal information although it will enable us to relate your use of this website to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named
||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.|